Thursday, April 24, 2014

Why Make Money Blogging Online?

The Money-Making Hobby

Do you want to make some extra money? Of course, we all do. In this economy, budgets don't stretch as far as they used to, and anything you can do to bring extra money into the household is worth the effort.

Do you already spend a lot of time on the internet? Instead of just wasting time watching endless Youtube videos, why not put that time to some practical use? Blogging for money can just start out as a hobby and grow into a side income or more. Most hobbies cost money; you have to buy a membership for a club, or buy some kid of equipment, or at least pay for gas. But how many hobbies do you know that actually make you money?

If you want to make money blogging online, first ask yourself these questions:
  1. Do you have a blog, any blog?
  2. Do you write on your blog regularly? It doesn't have to be every day, but about every week or so. Whatever that means to you, regularly. 
  3. Do you have a Google Adsense account?
If you answered "yes" to the three questions above, then you're already half way there.

With a regular job, if you go to work, you get paid. If you quit your job, no more money, right? But what I love about blogging for money is, once you've built it up to the point you're satisfied with, you can turn off the computer and never look at it again and that money will keep rolling in every month, more or less. That's why it's called passive income.

My Success Story

For me, everything started in December 2011. I'd been writing online for some time, rather unsuccessfully. I had a blog about crafts that was a few months old and was getting a little traffic. That month I got about 10,000 page views for the month and I earned about $10 from Adsense. Not exactly a rounding success but I knew I was on the right track and it had real potential.  I knew this for two reasons:

  1. The overwhelming majority of my traffic was coming from Google searches.
  2. I was surprised how quickly my blog images ended up on the search engines for image searches. 
I worked hard all the following year, publishing as much as I could. Keep in mind that I was also working a full time job with a family and two little kids at home. But less than a year later, in November 2012, I got over 500,000 page views in a month and made over $1000. 

I also have a physical disability like a stroke, so I can only type with one hand. I'm not telling you this to get your sympathy, but to make a point that if you can type well with two hands, you an publish more quickly and get to same point I'm at a lot sooner.



Who is this good for?

The steps I'm going to teach you are simple to follow and anyone can do this, but I'm not going to say it's easy. It's just like anything else, you get out what you put into it. You have to put in the time. Making money blogging online is perfect if you are; single, unemployed, or living at home with your parents, because it can be time-consuming. I'm none of the above. I'm married and working full time, but I could still make $1000 in a month at this and you can, too.

You have to be a stable, patient person. If you just want to, "get in and out and make a bundle", this isn't for you. You have to look at this in the long term. Don't think about blogging for money as something you're just going to do now to make money. Instead, think of it as something you're do for the rest of your life. If you put it in that context, you won't feel so much pressure to be a success immediately and you'll stay with it longer.

Making real money blogging online isn't a pipe dream, it's a reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment